If you're a fan of the ocean and want to add some of its charm and whimsy to your home, consider making a crochet starfish! These little guys are adorable, and they're surprisingly easy to make. They're also a great way to start your next amigurumi project, so if you've never crocheted before, now is the perfect time to start! These Crochet starfish can be made with simple stitches and can be worked up in just a few hours. They make great decorations for the wall or refrigerator or gifts for friends and family! There are many different styles and techniques, so you can find one that fits your taste. We've gathered some of our favorites Crochet Starfish Patterns to enjoy.
Starfish Crochet Patterns To Make You Shine
Crochet starfish make for some of the most adorable, whimsical decorations. Whether you're looking to make a splash at your home or to add a little nautical flair to your beach-themed wedding, these crochet starfish patterns are sure to be a hit. Crochet starfish are great for decorating your decor! So, These items can be used as decorations, or they can also serve as wonderful gifts for any occasion! We've put together a list of some amazing crochet starfish patterns that will surely please any sea fanatics in your life.
Whether you’re looking to crochet a sea star amigurumi or a more whimsical starfish pattern, these 8 crochet starfish patterns will have you covered!
See More: 15 Easy Free Crochet Beach Bag Patterns
Advantages of Crochet Starfish Patterns
- The crochet starfish patterns are not just for the summer. They can be made with any yarn and hook size, so you can make them in any season and in any color you want.
- The crochet starfish pattern is very simple to follow, so if you are a beginner and have never crocheted before, this is the perfect project for you.
- You can use this pattern as a decoration or even as an accessory. They look great in baskets or bowls on your coffee table or top of your dresser in the bedroom.
- The best thing about these crochet starfish patterns is that they are versatile and fun! You can make them as big or small as you want; you can use different colors and even add beads if you want something more colorful.
Starfish Granny Square:
Looking for a different crochet pattern? This starfish granny square is perfect for those who love animals! Crochet it in the style of your choice and mix different color combinations. Your little ones will love this sweet crochet starfish - make several for a whole sea-inspired blanket! This pattern makes a great baby blanket, Christmas ornament, and more. All you need is a few basic crochet stitches for the edges and the inside of your square. The rest of this project is worked in simple single crochet stitches.
- Worsted Weight (4) yarn in three colors (I used RedHeart brand)
- 5 mm crochet hook
- Darning Needle (for the ends)
- Stitch Markers (optional)
- Chain = CH
- Slip Stitch = SLST
- Single Crochet = SC
- Half Double Crochet = HDC
- Double Crochet = DC
- Front Post Double Crochet = FPDC
- Front Post Double Trebel = FPDT
This crochet starfish pattern is perfect for summer fun, and it makes a great stocking stuffer or gift for people like surfers, beach bums, and anyone who loves the beach! This Starfish Pattern is a really easy and simple project if you are starting with amigurumi. So, Now you can crochet your cuddly little starfish, just like the ones from the beach! This pattern includes step-by-step instructions, a stitch diagram, and pictures of all steps. It is easy to follow and works quickly. The perfect gift for your favorite ocean lover.
- Any weight of yarn will work – just remember that your yarn and hook choice will determine your starfish’s finished size. Since this is a toy, I highly recommend choosing a durable yarn that will wash easily.
- Crochet Hook – Choose a hook size that gives you a tight single crochet fabric with the yarn you are using.
- Yarn Needle.
The perfect gift for baby showers, holidays, and birthdays is these Crochet Starfish Patterns; Lil Starfish because they are super fun & can be used in many ways! Put the starfish on a shelf with some other sea life decor, or hang it in the nursery! Here is a quick and easy crochet starfish pattern to make. It’s a fun little project that is perfect if you are learning how to crochet or want to whip up some cute summer decor!
- Worsted Weight Yarn
- Size E hook (3.50mm)
- 2 Poney Beads for Eyes (optional)
- Poly-fil (for stuffing)
- Yarn needle (to weave in ends)
Stella Starfish Amigurumi:
This crochet starfish pattern is perfect for beginners and experienced crocheters alike. The Stella Starfish Amigurumi will surely be a hit with your children and loved ones as it makes a great gift, decoration, or party favor. You’ll have fun working on this easy crochet project! This crochet starfish pattern is a great addition to decorating your home, vacation home, and more! Use this crocheted starfish pattern to make any other fish by changing the color of the yarn.
- We used worsted weight Bernat Handicrafter Cotton in Tangerine;
- 3.5mm hook (I use THESE hooks!);
- Tapestry needle;
- Safety eyes (optional);
- Keychain ring (optional).
- MR – Magic Ring
- Ch – Chain
- Slst – Slipstitch
- Sc – Single Crochet
- Inc – Increase. Work 2 sc into the same st.
- Dec – Decrease. Work 2 sc together (when decreasing in the round, I use the invisible decrease).
Starfish Applique - Crocheted:
This crochet pattern is an easy way to decorate your summer home. The starfish in this pattern is super easy and looks great because the colors are warm, while the rest of the beach house is cool. Crocheted with soft and colorful acrylic yarn, this Starfish applique makes a wonderful gift for anyone who loves sea creatures and has a passion for beach living! This project works so quickly that you will want to keep making more of them as gifts or just for yourself!
- strong yellow
- 35 vanilla
- Hook Size: 5mm
- ch chain
- ch sp chain space
- cl cluster
- dc double crochet
- dtr double treble
- 3dctog three double crochet together
- htr half treble crochet
- tr treble crochet
- 2tr cl two treble cluster
- 3tr cl three treble cluster
- 6tr cl six treble cluster
- ss slip stitch
- sts stitches
- yo yarn over
- * * repeat instructions between the two asterix
- ( ) brackets outline a group of stitches, they often all go in the same place
Whether a beginner or an experienced crocheter, you’ll love this easy crochet pattern for stars. They make for perfect nursery decor or handmade gifts for birthdays, weddings, housewarming parties, holidays, and more! So, Crochet this cute starfish buddy and create a cool coastal decor to add life to your home! You can use it as a prop on a shelf, in a garden as seating, or leave it as a decoration in your house.
- -Scraps of double knitting/light worsted yarn in YELLOW, GREEN OR ANY COLOR!
- Hooks & Notions:
- -Size 3.50 mm Hook
- -Yarn Needle
- -Thread and Needle
- – optional – glue on eyes/sew on eyes/button eyes
Starfish Hexi Motif:
This amigurumi crochet pattern is perfect for the beach! The starfish Hexi motif is a complex shape that’s surprisingly simple to make. Make a bunch of these starfish shapes and create an entire beach scene in your living room! This is a fun summer crochet pattern. You can use this as a coaster or embellishment for any project. This is also a perfect small gift for your favorite ocean lover. This starfish makes up very quickly, and its cute silhouette is sure to please any age group.
- Worsted weight yarn, in your choice of colors
- Size G/6 (4.25mm) crochet hook
- Sc-single crochet
- Hdc-half double crochet
- Dc-double crochet
- Trc-triple (or treble) crochet
- BLO-work in back loops only of indicated stitch(es)
- FLO-work in front loops only of indicated stitch(es)
- Sl st-slip stitch
Crochet starfish is an easy crochet pattern for beginners. You can make this lovely starfish decoration for summer beach-themed parties, summertime decor, wedding decorations, or baby nursery crafts! This free crochet pattern will help you make this adorable starfish in no time. It makes a great summery addition to your home or beach bag, but if you want to be make-a-difference-and-give, this is a beautiful handmade gift for someone special. This adorable starfish pattern is perfect for all ages. Use it as a decoration, or use it as a toy for your little ones!
- Worsted Weight Cotton
- Crochet Hook: Size H
I am Raza, a crafts expert with 6 years of experience. I run this site for DIY lovers to provide the most exciting projects and ideas for your home, office, and everyday life. See More