You've probably seen plenty of crochet animals before. Crochet is a great hobby that lets you make all sorts of adorable creatures, from cats to cupcakes to cabbage patch dolls. But have you ever seen an elephant in crochet form? We've gathered some Free Crochet Elephant Patterns of all shapes and sizes so that you can make your little elephant friend. Maybe you've got a kid at home begging for a pet, but you don't want the hassle or expense of buying or cleaning up after an animal. Or maybe you're an adult looking for an alternative to the plush toy options on the market today. Or maybe you think it'd be cool to have a crocheted elephant in your house! Make one for yourself or someone else—here are some links to get you started.
Crochet Elephant Patterns Free
Elephants are majestic, large creatures loved by children and adults alike. There are many different things to love about elephants, from their long trunks to their big floppy ears. They also happen to make great crochet patterns! Below, you'll find some free crochet elephant patterns of varying difficulty levels. These elephant patterns are a great way to bring a bit of playfulness to your home. You can hang them up on the wall, use them as an accent pillow or even give them away as a cute gift! Get started on your next crochet project today by looking through these fun samples!
Benefits Of Crochet Elephant Patterns
Crochet elephant patterns are very popular among crafters. They are easy to make and can be made in different colors and sizes.
Here are the benefits of crochet elephant patterns:
- They can be made in different colors and sizes.
- They are easy to make.
- It will appeal to people of all ages, especially children, because of their cute and cuddly appearance.
Mosaic Elephant Blanket
Create a unique piece of art with the new Mosaic Elephant Blanket. This crocheted blanket made from two different yarn colors is special, and making it is not too difficult. The pattern includes many fantastic pictures showing how to change colors accordingly and join the last round that makes up the trunk and head. This adorable elephant mosaic blanket is the perfect gift for your little one. It has everything you want in a crochet project: bright colors, fun shapes, and a warm and cozy design.
- Worsted Weight Yarn
- Background Color: (1700 Yards)
- Main Color: (1000 yards)
- Border Color: (350 Yards)
- J 6.00mm Crochet Hook
- SS: (Slip Stitch) – Insert hook into stitch. Yarn over. Pull through stitch and loop.
- Ch: (Chain) – Yarn over. Pull through loop.
- Sc: (Single Crochet) – Insert hook into stitch. Yarn over. Draw up loop. Yarn over. Pull through 2 loops.
- Dc: (Double Crochet) – Yarn over. Insert hook into stitch. Yarn over. Draw up loop. Yarn over. Pull through 2 loops. Yarn over. Pull through 2 loops.
Elephant C2C Blanket
Here is the pattern for creating a giant elephant head for your baby blanket! Or make it into a C2C square. Whatever shape or size you want, with detailed instructions, you can't go wrong! This pattern includes a photo tutorial with pictures at each step to gain confidence in your abilities as you crochet your first elephant head. Make your crochet elephant blanket with this beginner-level pattern. This looks super cute lying over a bed, chair, or couch for a bit of fun!
- Size I/9 (5.5 mm) crochet hook
- Tapestry needle
- W = white
- S = silver
- GR = grey
- DG = dark grey
- BLK = black
- BL = blue
- Y = yellow
- RS = right side
- WS = wrong side
- hdc = half double crochet
- ch = chain
- sc = single crochet
- sl st = slip stitch
An adorable and cuddly design, the Chubby Elephant Crochet Pattern is an excellent project for beginners and advanced crocheters alike. This little elephant is made from wool and felt, with the plush body and tail covered in felt. Crochet this chubby elephant for your little one or as a baby shower gift. They are adorable, soft, and cuddly, making them the best snuggle buddy! You will have so much fun making these elephants, and they make super cute gifts.
- 2mm crochet hook
- Light worsted (or DK) yarn color of your preference (I used merino wool for this pattern)
- Stuffing material
- Embroidering needle for the eyes
Add a pop of color to your child's room with this adorable elephant. The perfect gift idea for any little one! This sweet little toy is the ideal size for babies and toddlers to hold in their hands. The pattern includes a template for the body and ears and detailed instructions for assembling, filling, stuffing, and finishing your elephant. A lovely little crochet project that you can easily do on the weekend.
- Crochet hook 3mm
- 6mm safety eyes ( but you could also embroider eyes )
- Yarn ( I used lanoso alara) 50%cotton 50%acrylic 50g=140m C:955- P:209)
- Some black and white embroidery thread
- Sc- single crochet
- MR- magic ring
- Dec- decrease • Inc- increase
- St, sts- stitch, stitches
- Hdc- half double crochet
- Hdc-inc- halfdouble crochet increase (2 hdc in 1 st)
- Number in () is the number of sts at the end of each row
- Sts in are repeating
This crochet pattern will teach you everything you need to know to make an adorable elephant amigurumi! It can be made in any weight yarn, and all pattern sizes are included. This little elephant is sure to be a crowd-pleaser! Perfect for crafters of all skill levels, from beginners to advanced, this Amigurumi Elephant Pattern will be a treasured gift for someone special. This toy works quickly and is perfect when you need last-minute assistance or a special friend to brighten your day.
- Size 2.25mm crochet hook
- 1 ball of mercerized cotton yarn for the main body color – my favorite is Patons Grace, the color I used is “Lotus”
- A small amount of mercerized cotton yarn in the second color for the feet, tail, and flower – I used Patons Grace “Blush”
- 2 – 6mm black safety eyes
- 1 pipe cleaner, any color
- Embroidery/yarn needle
- Fiber fill
- Sewing pins (for attaching legs)
Check out this elephant if you need a crochet pattern to keep your hands busy and your heart warm! The design includes instructions for the trunk and ears. This a great beginner project for all ages! This sweet elephant is a great companion for your little one and is super simple to crochet. You can customize it with different colors and amounts of curly hair, or even make it bigger if you want! Use it as a decoration, gift, or to add love to your home!
- 4mm crochet hook
- DK yarn in Grey (main body color) approx. 50g
- Grey 1099 Stylecraft Special DK
- DK yarn in Pink (or whichever contrasting color you like) approx. 25g
- Candyfloss 1130 Stylecraft Special DK
- DK yarn in White & Black (for eye details, a small amount of each)
- White 1001 Stylecraft Special DK
- Black 1002 Stylecraft Special DK
- Soft toy filling
- Darning needle to sew it all together
- Ribbon (for the bow, if using)
- MR – Magic Ring
- SC – Single Crochet
- INC – Increase
- DEC – Decrease
- BLO – Back Loop Only
- SS – Slip Stitch
- St/Sts – Stitch / Stitches
You can also see: Crochet Elephant Lovey Patterns
This little keychain elephant is a great way to use leftovers or create something fun and adorable for yourself or a friend. The pattern makes it easy to crochet an elephant in any color, with natural, black, brown, or grey options. A detailed photo tutorial will guide you through every step of the way! This is also a perfect gift idea - an original handmade design that can be amazingly funny too!
- 3.125mm crochet hook
- Patons Grace Yarn or other sportweight cotton yarn (for the purple one, I used one Bonbon from a Lion Brand Bonbons Yarn pack)
- 2 – 6mm safety eyes
- Yarn needle
- Lobster claw keychain
- Sewing pins
The Chubby Elephant is a sweet elephant that looks adorable on your Christmas tree. This chubby little elephant is cute and easy to make with the crochet pattern! You can make it any color you like or give it as a gift to anyone who loves elephants. The elephant pattern uses worsted weight yarn and simple half double crochet, single crochet, double crochet, and slip stitch stitches. This softie features fun textures, easy-to-use shaping, and detailed facial features. The completed product is perfect for play or display.
- 3.25mm hook for main (I use THESE hooks!);
- Bernat Velvet in Pink Dusk (25 grams);
- Bernat Velvet in Blissful Greige (less than 300 grams)
- Bernat Handicrafter Crochet Thread, Size 5, in Black;
- Tapestry needle.
- Ch – Chain
- MR – Magic Ring
- Slst – Slip stitch
- Sc – Single Crochet (again, in rows with color changes, sc stitches will be indicated with the Colour Legend letter instead of “sc”)
- Inc – Increase. Work a regular sc increase
- Dec – Decrease. Work a regular sc decrease
Flip Flop Elephant
Add a splash of color and a fun elephant design to your flip-flops. This pattern turns plain black flip-flops into something to be proud of by adding three colors, a cute elephant and embroidered flowers. He's cute; he's soft, so fluffy, and so floppy! This little elephant crochet pattern can be made in just a few hours. The completed crochet elephant is the perfect stuffed animal to place in the crib or stroller, particularly as you venture out with him on your travels. A great gift idea, too, made up of straight seams and easy-to-follow instructions that even beginner crocheters can conquer.
- Hook size 5.5 mm (I)
- Main Colour – Bernat Velvet Misty Gray (120 yards)
- Optional – 40 yards (Red), small amount (favorite furry yarn)
- Polyester filling – small amount
- 2 – 12mm black safety eyes (not suitable for children under 3): see the video for embroidering sleepy eye as an alternative.
- Stitch Markers or Safety pins to help with sewing placement
- Yarn needle to weave in the ends
|Bobble St.||Bobble Stitch|
|scdec||single crochet decrease|
|*to*||repeat the sequence between the ** the number of times indicated|
Elihu The Elephant
Elihu is an adorable elephant that can stand alone or be part of any jungle scene. This crochet Elephant is a beautiful toy for little ones. This pattern includes detailed instructions and a list of materials required to complete this project. The design is worked in the round, so minimal sewing is required. The Elihu crocheted elephant can be used as a toy or as part of your child’s nursery decor. He will brighten up any space with his cute design!
- Yarn Needle
- PolyFil Stuffing
- 2 Removable Stitch Markers
- ¼ yd of Lining Fabric
- Thread to match Lining Fabric
- Sewing Needle
- – Get your hook and notions together in THIS awesome set from BeCraftee!
4.0 mm (US G/6)
- blo – back loop only
- ch – chain
- dc – double crochet
- hdc – half double crochet
- pm – place marker
- rs – right side
- rnd – round
- sc – single crochet
- sc2tog – single crochet two together
- sc3tog – single crochet three together
- sl st – slip stitch
- sp(s) – space(s)
- st(s) – stitch(es)
- ws – wrong side
- ( ) – work step in parentheses in indicated stitch
- [ ] – work step in brackets number of times indicated
Swing down from the trees to brighten your day with the Crochet Elephant Pattern. This on-the-go companion is perfect for any elephant-loving enthusiast and will keep you company on those long journeys. This crochet elephant pattern is easy to make and perfect for beginners. This elephant pattern is excellent for using scrap yarn, as it only requires small amounts of different colors. What’s more, it makes a lovely gift!
- Big Twist Value Yarn, Medium Worsted Weight 4 (100% Acrylic, 371 yds, 6 oz) Soft Grey or Medium Grey, 1 skein- approx. 200 yds, Medium Rose, 1 skein- approx 12 yds, Sapphire, a small amount for bow
- G/6 4.25mm
- Needle, for weaving in ends
- Safety eyes, 10mm (2)
- T-Pins, for placing pieces (optional)
- Ch- Chain
- Sl st- Slip stitch
- St(s)- Stitch(es)
- SC- Single Crochet
- DEC- Single Crochet Decrease, Using the Invisible Decrease method, insert hook up through front loops of next 2 stitches, yarn over, pull through front loops, yarn over, pull through to finish decrease
- 2SC- Single Crochet Increase- 2 SC in same stitch to increase
- BPSC- Back Post Single Crochet
- FPSC- Front Post Single Crochet
- Crab Stitch/Reverse SC (Optional for Ear Style 3)
- HDC- Half Double Crochet (Optional for Ear Style 4)
Sitting Elephant is the cutest new member of your following crochet collection! The perfectly round, baby-friendly body will have you grinning from ear to ear. Create a small sitting elephant or go large with a more prominent sitting elephant pattern; either way, this pattern’s looks are sure to please. It is so much fun to crochet and will make a great companion for your little one. Great for beginners and experienced crocheters alike. This pattern is easy to follow, with clear instructions, detailed schematics, and many photos.
- 4mm hook
- Chunky yarn
- Sc = single crochet
- Slip st = slip stitch
- 2sc = 2 single crochet into the same stitch
- 2tog = sc the next to stitches together
Elzo the Elephant
Elzo is a friendly and fun companion for your little one to play with. He has soft floppy ears, cute little eyes, and cute arms. This adorable crochet elephant is made from 100% cotton yarn. His body is worked in the round, starting with a magic ring. All of the pieces are crocheted together and sewn together. Then he's stuffed and ready to play! He's quick to make and makes a unique gift for someone special. However, this pattern is unsuitable for children under three years of age.
- Yarn: Less than 100 grams of DK yarn in grey and a small amount in dark gray, white, and three colors for the shorts.
- 3mm crochet hook
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch marker
- Polyfill stuffing
- Two 10 mm safety eyes, or you can crochet eyes for children under 3
- Embroidery thread in black for the eyebrows
- Sl st: Slip stitch
- SC: single crochet
- INV DEC: invisible decrease
- INC: two SC in the same stitch
- HDC: half double crochet
- HDC INC: two HDC in the same stitch
- BLO: back loops only
Get in on the animal trend by making this adorable crochet elephant pattern. Make an excellent toy for kids (and adults!) who are looking for something a little bit different from your average stuffed animal. The elephant is one of the most popular crochet projects. It is also one of the simplest and can be done by beginners. This pattern uses a single color and easy-to-follow instructions to learn how to crochet!
- Yarn (I used Scheepjes Catona)
- Hook (I used 3 mm)
- Rattle bead if you want
- ch = chain
- sc = single crochet
- st = stitch
- sc2tog = crochet two single crochets together
Ellie The Elephant
Meet Ellie the Elephant! She has many adorable features, including floppy ears and a curved trunk to give your little one their favorite new friend. Great for both boys and girls, she’s sure to be a hit with kids of all ages. Ellie the Elephant is a cute, quick, and easy crochet pattern that makes the perfect toy for any baby or toddler! This crochet elephant pattern is ideal for beginners and pros alike. The design includes clear illustrations on how to make Ellie, step-by-step instructions, tips, and tricks.
- 3.75mm crochet hook
- Worsted weight yarn in the color of your choice
- 12mm safety eyes
- Fiber fill
- Stitch markers
- Yarn Needle
- Optional: dog slicker brush or comb
- mr- magic ring
- st- stitch
- sc- single crochet
- inc- increase
- dec- decrease
- blsc- back loop single crochet
- puff st- puff stitch
- ch- chain