Choosing the right type of window covering for your home can make a huge difference in how much light and privacy you have, whether you’re looking to set a particular mood or to keep out some of that harsh afternoon glare. A particularly popular option these days are crochet curtains. Whether they’re made traditionally with thick yarns and lots of stitches or whether they’re made using thinner yarns and more advanced crochet techniques, here is something for everyone. Below are some Crochet Curtain Patterns that you can use to make crochet curtains for your home or to give as gifts.
Free Crochet Curtain Patterns
Crocheted curtains provide an elegant and custom look to your windows that’s hard to replicate with store-bought curtains. With a little time and effort, you can make your own to match the décor of any room in your home. Plenty of patterns are available online, but we’ve also gathered a few patterns for you. Below are amazing examples of crochet curtain patterns showing how versatile this decorating staple can be. With the right materials and patience, you can crochet curtains that will fit your windows perfectly.
Easy Crochet Curtain Patterns
Crochet curtain patterns are a great way to add extra style to your home. Many people have been inspired by the beautiful crochet work of the past and have begun creating their designs using a crochet hook. If you want to make crochet curtains, here are some tips to help you get started:
Tips for Crochet Curtain Patterns
- Use the right type of yarn.
- Choose a simple pattern that suits the size of your windows.
- Make sure that your chosen pattern fits the length of your curtain rods.
- Make sure that all the stitches are even so that there are no holes where they are not supposed to be.
- Use a contrasting color for edging or fringe.
Sun Curtain Holder
A lovely crochet pattern for a sun-shaped curtain holder! Perfect for a window in a child’s room or at the window of an adult’s home office. This Sun curtain holder is an easy project and will make a perfect gift. You will need only one skein of cotton yarn, and you can use any hook size from 3.5 mm to 5.00 mm. In addition, you can also use it for decoration in your home or anywhere you like.
- 50 gr cotton Fine (2) (115 m) color yellow 28
- crochet hook 3,5 mm
- Stitch marker
- 2 magnets 10 mm
Curtain Call Hat
Curtain Call Hat is an easy crochet pattern to make, and you can use it as a window curtain, baby mobile, or hanging decorations in your home. This gorgeous hat is a unique design that combines two crochet stitches, Camel Stitch and Front Loop Treble Crochet. The result is a chevron stitch pattern that creates the illusion of motion. With your personal touch and crocheted to fit, this hat makes the perfect accessory for any outfit. This pattern is the ultimate crochet project for beginner and veteran crocheters alike – it is your call to start making this hat!
- Red Heart Roll With It Melange 150 g/5.29 oz, 356 m/389 yds)
- A – Curtain Call – 1 Ball
- Project Size: Average Adult
- 4 mm / G/6 Crochet Hook or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Approx = Approximately
- Beg = Beginning
- Blo = Back loop only
- Ch = Chain(s)
- Hdc = Half double crochet
- Hdcfp = Half double crochet front post
- Rem = Remaining
- Rep = Repeat
- Rnd(s) = Round(s)
- RS = Right side
- Sc = Single crochet
- Sc2tog = Single Crochet 2 Together
- Sl st = Slip stitch
- Sk = Skip
- Yoh = Yarn over hook
You can also see: Creative Crochet Bee Patterns
Create a beautiful crochet curtain with Legacy’s easy-to-follow pattern. This unique design, combined with the carefully chosen yarn, will create a luxurious feel that will add extra warmth and coziness to any room. The Legacy Curtain is a beautiful and flexible crochet curtain pattern. It is worked in rounds, with straight edges and a thick-to-thin look that you can easily make to fit your space. This pattern makes a great focal point for any room or window!
- Scheepjes Legacy 3x white no 8
- 100% Mercerised Cotton, 100gr/330m
- Crochet hook 2.5mm
- ch chain
- dc double crochet
- st stitch
- sts stitches
This crochet curtain pattern is made following a simple lace pattern. Any yarn will look great, as this crocheted lace curtain pattern has an opaque effect that is not affected by the thickness of the yarn. You can use this free crochet curtain pattern to make your windows look beautiful and elegant with a hint of old-fashioned charm. Crochet a lace curtain for any room in your home. This pattern is easy to adjust to fit any window size and can be crocheted with just about any yarn.
- Yarn: Alize Forever/Lace / 2 ply/100% Microfiber/328 yards / 50 grams – 200 grams
- Crochet Hook: 2,1 mm
- Stitches Used: ch-chain, sl st-slip stitch, sc-single crochet, dc-double crochet, tc-triple crochet, tc2tog-2 tc crochet together.
Little Elephant Curtain Tie Back
Add charm to your baby or child’s room with the Crochet Elephant Curtain Tie Back. This pattern is easy to follow, and even if you’re new to amigurumi, it will make it easy to crochet a fun elephant to attach to your curtains or blinds. The pattern includes complete instructions for the elephant and tie-back and tips on attaching the elephant to any standard curtain rod. Using this pattern, you can create your custom tie-back pair for any room, whether a kid’s room, baby nursery, or somewhere else!
- Medium Weight Yarn (approximately 50 yards)
- Crochet Hook F (3.75 mm)
- Polyester Fiber Fill
- Yarn Needle
Yarn Ball Curtain Tie Backs
A great way to add a bit of whimsy and color to your plain window treatments. They are unique and fun, yet they are easy enough for anyone to make. Just take a few balls of leftover yarn and hooks, and you’re ready to crochet!! This pattern is perfect for beginners. If you have never crocheted, this is a great place to start! The pattern is easy to follow, and the quick project will never finish. You will love these fun yarn ball curtain tie-backs!
- Crochet Hook – J
- Yarn – Worsted Weight ( 4) about 2 oz of 3 colors of Choice
- I used REd Heart Super Saver, Brown, Teal, and Aqua
- Yarn Needle
- Chain (ch)
- Single Crochet (sc)
Tweety Curtain Tie Back
This beautiful and elegant curtain tie-back adds elegance to your living room, bedroom, or anywhere you want to decorate. It’s so easy to make that you can crochet one for every room in your home. This pattern is great for beginners who want to learn how to crochet a square and work into the back loop only. It’s also a quick project you can make up in just a few hours! It may make you think of Tweety bird when you see it perched on your window sill, but it will keep the summer breezes out while adding fun colors to your home!
- 2 mm crochet hook
- Crochet yarn in yellow, orange, and black
- Black, light blue, and white felt for eyes
- Needle for sewing
- sc: single crochet
- ch: chain
- st: stitch
- inc : increase
- dec: decrease
- hdc: half double crochet
- F/O: Fasten off
Flutter-By Curtain Ties
Create a simple curtain tie pattern that can use on either side of a valance or as an embellishment for your favorite curtains. This easy crochet pattern is perfect for beginners and only requires a few yards of yarn. The written how-to manual details the design, techniques, and materials for the tie you’ve always wanted to make. The colorful chevron pattern looks eye-catching, which makes these ties perfect for summer!
- Size: 1½” wide by as long as you like – mine have 12 Flutter-Bys and are about 18″ long
- Yarn Requirements: 40-50 yards of DK weight yarn will make (2) 18″ ties
- Yarn I Used: Planet Penny Cotton Club
- How Did the Yarn Behave? Great, as always!
- Hook Size: D/3.25mm or E/3.5mm
- Knotless Chain (optional)
- Forward Loop Chain (forlp ch): (You may substitute regular chain stitches for the forward loop chain sections, but they will look thinner and be slightly less sturdy.)
- Double Treble (dtr): yarn over 3 times, insert hook in indicated space, yarn over and pull up a loop, (yarn over and draw through 2 loops) 4 times.