What could be better than an adorable crochet star wars pattern? Crochet star war patterns, that's what. While we're still determining where this trend started, it's a great way to bring some extra personality to your decorating. As we know, one of the most popular new crochet trends is Star Wars-themed items. There are many Free Crochet Star War Patterns that you can try for yourself.
Crochet Star War Patterns
Star Wars is one of the most popular movie franchises and has enormously impacted pop culture. There's a reason why Star Wars references make regular appearances in movies, TV shows, and even songs. It's so popular that even free crochet patterns are inspired by some of the most beloved characters from the series. You'll be able to see Yoda and Darth Vader on your hooks as you crochet up these amigurumi patterns for fun projects. Here are 10 Free Crochet Star War Patterns! All you need is some yarn and a hook. We'll help you figure out what else you might need with our list of ten great patterns for crocheted versions of Star Wars characters—some are free, and some are for sale, but all are fun and impressive.
Supplies Needed For Crochet Star War Patterns
- Crochet Hooks: There are several different sizes of crochet hooks available; however, the most commonly used ones are sizes G (4 mm) and H (5 mm). If you want to make larger projects such as afghans or star blankets, you will need larger hooks such as size I (5.5 mm) or J (6 mm).
- Yarn comes in many colors and textures; however, the most common ones used for these projects include worsted weight yarn and bulky weight yarn. Consider using other materials, such as felt or fleece fabric, if you want something more durable than cloth.
- Scissors: Scissors are essential when working on any project because they can be used for cutting threads or yarn after each row is completed.
Baby Yoda Ornament
This crochet doll pattern is a cute little chibi Yoda - Crochet Baby Yoda Ornament. What better way to introduce your new little one to the Jedi than by giving them their chibi Yodas? The perfect gift for any Star Wars fan or Star Wars Nursery Decor! Fun for all the Star Wars fanatics out there, this Crochet Baby Yoda Ornament will delight any child. The perfect addition to your holiday tree or around the house year-round!
- 3.25mm hook for main (I use THESE hooks!);
- Caron x Pantone in Terrarium Green (50g);
- *This is a bulky (category 5) yarn, but you can use a worsted weight to make a smaller ornament.*
- Loops & Threads Capri in apricot (very small amounts);
- Bernat Super Value in Honey for robe;
- 12mm Safety Eyes;
- Tapestry needle.
- Ch – Chain
- Slst – Slip stitch
- Sc – Single Crochet
- Inc – Increase. Work a regular sc increase
- Dec – Decrease. Work a regular sc decrease
- Sc3tog – Single Crochet three stitches together
- Hdc – Half double crochet
The Child/Baby Yoda Amigurumi
Create an adorable Star Wars fan with this super easy pattern. Crochet the child/baby Yoda Amigurumi is a great way to practice a new technique and make something unique for all ages, but it will especially appeal to your younger loved ones. This is the perfect little addition to any Star Wars collection. He also looks great as a Halloween decoration or a small gift for a friend or family member. This pattern is easy to follow but does require basic crochet knowledge.
- Crochet Hook: H/8 or 5.00 mm hook
- Yarn Weight: (4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight
- Yarn colors: Yoda: Light Green. Jacket: Cream, Soft Gray, or Tan. Pick one color for the jacket and another for the cowl and embellishments.
- Sl st = slip stitch
- Sc = single crochet
- Hdc = half double crochet
- Dc = double crochet
- Dc2tog = double crochet decrease across the next two stitches
- Dec = single crochet decrease
Leia Christmas Ornament
Celebrate the Star Wars universe this holiday season with this festive crochet Leia ornament. You can create it in just a couple of hours, and it's sure to become a cherished addition to your tree. You'll love making your Crochet Leia Christmas Ornament, just like we did! This is an easy crochet project anyone can accomplish. You will need some felt, a small piece of red yarn, and a white piece of thread for the hair. Once your favorite character is complete, you can hang them on your Christmas tree or give them as a present!
- Worsted weight yarn (Red Heart Super Saver or similar): Dark brown, light pink/peach, white, grey, a small amount of red (for hanger)
- Size G / 4.25mm crochet hook
- Small amount of black and white felt for eyes
- Craft glue
- Fiberfill stuffing
- Yarn needle
- Stitch marker
- Mc: Magic Circle
- Ch: Chain
- Sc: Single Crochet
- Sl: Slip Stitch
- Inc: Increase
- Dec: Decrease – I recommend the Invisible Decrease
- BLO: Crochet in back loop only
Crochet Amigurumi Yoda is a pattern for an adorable little amigurumi Yoda inspired by the Star Wars series. He is a great gift or decoration for any Star Wars fan and will fit in any room of your house or office. The Force is strong with this one! Crochet this cute little Yoda to add him to your other Star Wars crocheted characters. He's an expert at using the Force, so he'll be a fun little addition to your bookshelf or toy box. He comes with easy-to-follow instructions for how to crochet this adorable monster.
- – Yarn balls (sports weight): green, brown, and beige
- – A 3.5mm hook, or the most fitting hook for your yarn
- – 1 pair of 8 mm safety eyes
- – Stuffing
- – For Yoda's hair: I've used felting wool, but some glued stuffing or cotton balls will do
- – Tapestry needle, stitch marker, and ball-point pins
- sc = single crochet
- hdc = half double crochet
- ss = slip stitch
- inc = increase
- dec = decrease
- sts = stitches
Amigurumi Star Wars Porg
Crochet the Star Wars Porg, a lovable creature that traveled across the galaxy with Poe Dameron and Finn in The Last Jedi. Crocheted in an adorable little style, this Amu is perfect for any Star Wars fan! This project is a basic crochet pattern guide to making your own Porg Amigurumi doll. This pattern is easy and works quickly. This Porg amigurumi is stuffed with cotton and mounted on a wooden base for stability. This adorable crochet amigurumi porg can be your favorite decoration, or give it to your friends or family members who love it.
- Worsted weight yarn: Taupe (A), Gold (B), White (C)
- *I used Lion Brand Vanna's Choice
- Black embroidery floss
- Black 15mm safety eyes (you can use 12mm if you can't find 15mm)
- E/3.5mm crochet hook
- Yarn needle
- Embroidery needle
The Crochet Porg is a fast, fun, and easy crochet amigurumi pattern. This adorable little guy hugs like a squishy pillow. He's perfect for any Star Wars fan! This adorable Porg crochet toy is a great decorative accessory for any room or as a gift! Porgs have made a splash in the galaxy far, far away. This crochet pattern is perfect for the beginner crocheter who wants to make a cute stuffed animal. The perfect gift for any fan on your list!
- Yarn: Drops Cotton Merino, in the colors off-white 01, mustard 15, beige 03, rust 25.
- Hook: 3 mm
- Saftey eye: 14 mm
- Stuffing, scissors, needle, a little black thread for embroidering, pins.
- Ch: chain
- Sl st: slip stitch
- Sc: single crochet
- Inc: increase – 2 sc in one stitch
- Dec: decrease – 2 sc together – use invisible decrease if possible.
Millennium Falcon Amigurumi
Crochet Millennium Falcon Amigurumi is a perfect addition to your Star Wars collectibles. Add a little Star Wars magic to your day with this crochet Millennium Falcon amigurumi. It is the perfect addition to your Star Wars crochet collection. This little ship is tiny but so cute and perfect for any fan of the Star Wars universe. This Amigurumi is handcrafted with 100% soft acrylic yarn. The eyes closed, it's very nice and lovely! The ideal gift for Star Wars fans and collectors.
- •The Yarn (Worsted Weight)
- – Beige (Main)
- – Light Blue (Engine)
- – Grey (Windows)
- •Size G6/4.00mm Hook
- ch Chain Stitch
- st Stitch
- sl.st Slip Stitch
- sc Single Crochet
- hdc Half-Double Crochet
- dc Double Crochet
- inc Increase
- dec Decrease (Sharp)
- BLO Back Loops Only
- FLO Front Loops Only
Crochet Star War Hat Free Pattern
Free your inner geek with this Crochet star war Beanie. It's a fun, comfy way to show your love for everyone's favorite droid! Crochet BB8 Beanie is a must-have for any Star Wars fan and all fans of cute Amigurumi. The crochet Hat is made with easy crochet stitches (repeatable motif), while the part that creates the head is worked in joined rounds. It has a button to keep it closed, and the head size can be adjusted by changing yarn weight and hook size and adding or subtracting rounds in the body part of your work.
- – ½ skein of worsted weight yarn in white.
- (I used Hobby Lobby’s I love this Yarn! in White)
- – the small amount of worsted weight yarn in grey.
- (I used Hobby Lobby’s I love this Yarn! in Greybeard)
- – the small amount of worsted weight yarn in orange.
- (I used Hobby Lobby’s I love this Yarn! in Burnt Pumpkin)
- – ½ skein of worsted weight yarn in black.
- (I used Hobby Lobby’s I love this Yarn! in Black)
- – Size J (6.0mm) Crochet Hook
- – Size H (5.0mm) Crochet Hook
- ch(s) = Chain(s)
- sp(s) = space(s)
- st(s) = stitch(es)
- sl st = Slip Stitch
- sk = Skip
- sc = Single Crochet
- hdc = Half Double Crochet
- RS = Right Side
- WS = Wrong Side
- FO = Finish Off
Crochet Baby Yoda Amigurumi
Crochet BB-8 amigurumi is a fun and easy toy to make. You only need to know basic crochet stitches, like single crochet, half double crochet, and double crochet. The pattern includes detailed instructions and pictures to help you understand how to work up this adorable droid. This pattern is a great way to try your hand at Amigurumi and would make a lovely gift or starter project for beginners. It's made with 100% acrylic yarn, so it's easy to wash and keep clean!
- White worsted weight yarn (A)
- Gray 0worsted weight yarn (B)
- Orange worsted weight yarn (C)
- 12 mm black safety eye
- 5 mm black safety eye
- Gray felt
- Black thread
- Red, Blue, Gray embroidery floss
- White round elastic cord
- 20mm doll joint
- Craft glue
- E Hook
- Yarn needle
- Embroidery needle
- Black permanent marker
- ch: Chain
- sc: single crochet
- st: stitch
- invdec: single crochet 2 st together
Yoda Inspired Lovey
Whether you're a Star Wars fan or just looking for a unique daily-use baby gift, this crochet lovey inspired by Yoda is the perfect addition to any nursery. Crocheted from 100% cotton yarn, the lovey is both soft and durable. This lovey is inspired by Star Wars, specifically the character Yoda. This easy crochet pattern will let you make a Yoda-inspired lovey for babies, toddlers, or kids. It's soft, cuddly, and lightweight. Woven using simple single crochet stitches, the best thing about this project is that you can make one in many colors to match your child's room décor!
- Worsted weight green yarn (I used lettuce colorway of Red Heart with Love)
- Worsted weight white yarn
- Yarn needle
- 3.5mm crochet hook
- 5mm crochet hook
- 9mm safety eyes
- Poly fiber filling