Crochet is one of the most versatile crafts, and hair scarves are one of the most versatile things you can make with it! There's nothing like a scarf to keep your hair neat and in place on a windy day. Crochet hair scarves are easy to make and are a great way to stay warm in the winter. The best part about making these cute accessories is that you can create one for yourself or someone else (or both). Here are some unique Crochet Hair Scarf Patterns that will help you find the perfect headscarf for every occasion.
Crochet Hair Scarf Patterns Free
Crochet hair scarves are an excellent way to express yourself, especially if you're not a great seamstress. You can whip up one of these beautiful pieces in under an hour, and the styles are wide and varied—you can make one that's simple or complex, depending on your skill level and time constraints. They keep your head warm but also allow you to show off beautiful long hair. The best part is that they're super easy to crochet and don't take too much time to make! We've gathered some of our favorite crochet hair scarf patterns for you, so check them out!
Benefits Of Hair Scarf Crochet Patterns
Crochet hair scarf patterns are a great way to keep your hair out of your face. The crochet pattern will give you a nice look and be very convenient. It is easy to follow these crochet hair scarf patterns and make them yourself.
Here are some of the benefits that you can get from these crochet hair scarf patterns:
- 1. They are straightforward to make.
- 2. These are made in different colors to match all types of dresses.
- 3. These can be worn during winter and summer, so they are highly versatile.
- 4. If you want to keep your hair away from your face, these are a great option.
El Rizo Hair Tie Scarf:
Crochet this soft and comfortable hair tie scarf for yourself or those you love. This crochet pattern is great for beginners and experienced crocheters alike. This will keep your hair tied up and out of your face while you're at school, on vacation, or running errands around town. A perfect match for any of your outfits, these warm and cozy crochet headbands make the perfect Christmas gift for friends and family!
- 140yds Fingering Weight yarn - I used WeCrochet Lindy Chain (70% Linen, 30% Pima Cotton. 50g/180yds) in shade shade Linen (26448)
- 3.5mm Crochet Hook
- St(s) Stitches
- Ch Chain
- Ch Sp Chain Space
- Dc (Tr) Double Crochet (Treble Crochet)
- FrDc (FrTr) Front Raised Double Crochet (Front Raised Treble Crochet)
Velvet Scarf Scrunchie:
This pattern is a crochet hair scarf and scrunchie in one. Easy to make, with just enough stretch to be comfortable, but not so much that it will stretch out. This is perfect for adding style to your day while protecting your hair. It can be worn at any length and on either side of the head. Add your favorite color to customize this pattern even more! Great as an everyday accessory or for travel too!
- Velvet yarn (1 skein will make several scrunchies)
- (For the scrunchies shown in the photo here I used Bernat’s Baby Crushed Velvet in “Rose Petals” and Bernat’s Crushed Velvet in “Burgundy”)
- K/6.5mm hook
- Hair elastic
- Yarn needle
- sc (single crochet) = Insert hook into stitch; YO, draw up a loop; YO, pull through both loops on hook
- Sl st (slip stitch) = Insert hk into st, YO, pull through stitch and lp on hk
- hdc (half double crochet) = YO, insert hk into st, YO, draw up a lp, YO, pull through 3 lps on hook
- dc (double crochet) = YO, insert hk into st, YO, draw up a lp, (YO, pull through 2 lps on hook) twice
- dc2tog (double crochet 2 together)= [YO, insert hk into next st, YO, draw up a lp, (YO, pull through 2 lps on hook)] twice; YO, pull through all 3 lps on hk
Lacy Hair scarf:
This Crochet Hair Scarf Pattern is a great way to make a lovely, soft, beautiful hair scarf. It doesn't take much yarn to make the lacy hair scarf, making it a great gift idea. It's quick and fun! You can easily create multiple in new colors, which would be perfect for gifting during the holidays! Use this crochet hair scarf pattern below to make a lacy hair scarf in any color you like!
- #2 weight yarn or cotton of choice. I used approx. 120 yards of Stylecraft Special 4-ply in rose.
- 4mm hook
- Stitch markers (optional)
- Ch – chain
- Ch sp – chain space
- St / sts – stitch / stitches
- Sk – skip
- Sc – single crochet
- Sc2tog – single crochet 2 together
- Rep – repeat
- FO – fasten off
Macie Crochet Hair Scarf:
Crocheted Macie Hair Scarf is a beautiful and fun way to add interest to your hair without being too distracting. It looks great when worn casually or with more formal attire. This easy-to-crochet scarf pattern is an excellent quick-knit project for beginner crocheters who want to make something special for themselves or someone else. It also makes a beautiful Christmas, birthday, or any other occasion gift for your friends and family.
- 1178-25 Toasted Almond – 1 ball
- Hook: US Size G-6 (4.00 mm) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
- Notions: Tapestry needle
- Gauge: 18 sts x 24 rows = 4” in patt
Berry Good Hair Day Hair Scarf:
This Crochet Hair Scarf Pattern is perfect for keeping your hair back while you create or when you’d rather not have it in your way. It is a quick project that can be worked up in no time. This lightweight but heavy-on, fun crochet hair scarf is a fun and bright way to show off your style any time. This hair scarf can be worn in many different types: a wide scarf, headband, ponytail holder, or whatever works for you! The pattern also includes tips on how to make it with different yarns and sizes.
- 4.5 mm Furls Crochet Hook <– Save 15% off Furls Crochet by shopping through this link and using code LOOPYLAMB15 at the checkout.
- For Thin Scarf Size: 103 yards/95 meters (1 oz/29g) of We Crochet Hawthorne Fingering Hand Painted Speckle in Berry Cobbler
- For Wide Scarf Size: 179 yards/165 meters (1.76 oz/50g) of We Crochet Hawthorne Fingering Hand Painted Speckle in Berry Cobbler
- Tapestry Needle
- CH = Chain
- CH SP = Chain Space
- SK = Skip
- ST = Stitch
- SL ST = Slip Stitch
- FDC = Foundation Double Crochet
- DC = Double Crochet
- DCINC = Double Crochet Increase
- FO = Finish Off
This is a straightforward crochet hair scarf pattern. It’s easy to make and works up pretty quickly. You can use any weight of yarn you like, and the needle size will depend on the importance of your yarn. Looks fantastic on everyone. The scarf has a crochet hairstyle on the ends that is fuzzy and fun. Great for gift-giving as well! This will be a good option for beginners who want to read a pattern without being overwhelmed!
- YARN: Worsted weight (#4 medium); 77 yd [70 m]
Shown: Lion Brand Yarn, Low Tide (81% acrylic 19% polyester; 306 yd [280 m] / 3.5 oz [100 g]), ¼ ball; #410 jetty.
- *Yardage given is for pattern as written. Yardage will vary with lengthening/shortening or widening/thinning of hair tie.
- HOOK: H- [5.0 mm]; or size needed to obtain gauge.
I prefer the hand cushions and head shaping of Tulip Brand or Clover Amour hooks
- NOTIONS: Tapestry needle
- Beg – begin(ning)
- Ch – chain
- Rem – remaining
- Rep – repeat
- Sc – single crochet
- St(s) – stitch(es)
- Tog – together
- Yo – yarn over (hook)
Boho Beach Head Scarf:
Looking for a stylish and quick crochet project? This Boho Beach Head Scarf is the perfect one for you. It's so simple to make, but looks great! Perfect for Spring and Summer, this scarf will keep your curls under control all day long. This lightweight scarf is ideal for women, teens, and girls who have just started knitting or crocheting. It's easy and fun to make and looks great with any outfit you pair it with, so if you've never crocheted before, it's a great project to try!
- F (3.75 mm) crochet hook
- 1 ball of Croquette by Red Heart Yarns in the "Tidepool" colorway (note: I did not use the full ball)
- Tapestry Needle
- Tape measure or ruler
- Chain (ch)
- Double Crochet (dc)
Crochet Retro Hair Scarf:
Retro Hair Scarf is one of the most popular trends this season. These hair accessories come in many shapes and sizes and are perfect for everyday wear. This pattern offers a unique way to keep your hair off your face while adding some flare. This Crochet hair scarf is easy and fast and will make you unique & stylish! It's the perfect accessory for cold winter days and nights when you want to cover your head completely.
- About 100 yards of light weight yarn
- Size I/9/5.5mm size hook
- Bet = between
- Ch = chain
- Dc = double crochet
- Rep = repeat
- Sk = skip
- Sp(s) = space(s)
This crochet pattern is for a lacy headscarf! It is simple and quick to crochet, making it perfect for beginners. This hair scarf will keep your hair in place and add a touch of elegance to any outfit! Have fun combining colors and making one just for you. A perfect gift for friends and family members too! This crochet scarf pattern is easy to follow and does a fun project for beginners.
- Yarn: Scheepjes Catona, 100% Mercerized Cotton, (50g/125m/yd) x 1 ball or Sheepjes Cotton 8, 100% Cotton, (50g/170m/yd) x 1 ball
- Yarn Alternatives: You can use any fingering 4ply weight cotton to achieve a similar effect.
- Hook: 3.5mm hook
- Other Materials: Tapestry needle, scissors, blocking mat (optional)
- ch chain
- ch-lp chain loop (ie ch5-lp)
- dc double crochet sc single crochet
- rep repeat
- sl st slip stitch
- st/s stitch/es
- tr treble crochet dc double crochet
Boho Head Scarf:
A Crochet Hair Scarf pattern is an excellent accessory for those who like to wear their hair in a boho style. This is a simple crochet stitch, which can be made with or without fringe. It's easy to customize this scarf pattern for any length you want and add fringe or other embellishments. It can be made with any size of yarn and appropriate hook as long as the gauge is respected. This crochet hair scarf pattern is so easy to make and so helpful.
- Any worsted weight yarn, about 50g.
- J (6mm) hook
- darning needle